Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Dogs are Barking...

Okay, so I love dogs. Really, I do. We've always had dogs growing up and I would love to have one now but my husband don't keep regular hours. I don't think it's fair to a dog to be gone like we are on a regular basis.

That being said, I feel like I'm being driven insane by the dogs next door. We live in a great two family building in South City. We love our neighborhood, we choose to live in an urban setting. We're used to the sirens that race up and down Grand going towards the nearby hospital. However, the dogs that are next door are too much. For over three hours tonight all I've heard is the ridiculous creature next door howling. It's so loud that all the other dogs in the neighborhood like to join in his song. This isn't the first time either. This has been going on for over a year now. The animal has waken up at all hours of the night no less than six times, and kept me from actually sleeping way more times than I can count. Seriously, if you know me, you know you don't mess with me when I'm sleeping. My husband doesn't even dare do that!

I came home tonight all ready to read my new book and I couldn't even concentrate. I had to go from the bedroom into the living room and I still had to turn the TV up to hear over the barking. We've tried talking to the owner, no joy there, and the police don't seem to be much help. I don't know what to do but I might be driven to extreme measures. I'm not sure I'll be able to be held responsible for my actions. I can use insanity as a defense right?

3 comments:

seberu said...

It drives me crazy when the neighbors walk their dogs down the street and they bark like crazy, I don't know how I'd take if it was right next door.

Jenn said...

Umm...I had NO idea you had a blog!!!

Leftturnyielder said...

Yeah, I thought I told you about it a while ago. I need to fully commit to it though.