Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Cake Virgin...

This is our third Christmas in a row in the US. In the beginning of our relationship, we had been going back to Ireland every other year. In more recents years it just hasn't been feasible for us. My husband is fine with that because it's such a tough time of year to try to see everyone we want to visit.

That being said, I know he misses many of the Christmas traditions from his family and from Ireland. One of the things he loves most is Christmas Cake and Christmas Pudding. Honestly, I find it revolting. But it's not just about me, is it? So this year I'm going to try to make a Christmas Cake for him. I've emailed some of his aunts and got a recipe and I guess this weekend, I'm going to dive head first into what can only be called an experiment. I really hope it works out!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Thank goodness my husband doesn't love Christmas cake/pudding! Blech!!! I have friends in England who have been feeding their cakes booze since mid-November. Good luck with your cake!

Anonymous said...

What is Christmas Cake? It's sweet of you to make it for him, whatever odd concoction it may be...

Angie said...

Oh and I noticed on your sidebar that you have my old blog listed, klenkekonfessions, which got changed to damaskisdivine.blogspot.com

and yes I wanna know what christmas cake is too!