Sunday, October 18, 2009

Things that make you smile...


I love when you have one of those moments in life that every time you think about it, a smile creeps across your face. I'm having kind of blah day today until I thought about this occurance.

Last year when visiting my in laws in Ireland, my husband and I were taking a walk around Swords Castle. We were staying with his sister in Swords and we just went out for rare (in Ireland) sunny afternoon walk. Swords Castle is situated in a park in the town centre. My husband was curious about the restoration work, so we explored and climbed to the top. It was a great afternoon.

As we were leaving, we saw a young mother pushing a stroller with a toddler following her. The young girl strayed from her mother and pushed open one of the large gates into the castle. She leaned in and shouted, "Shrek? Princess Fiona?" I burst out laughing. It was so sweet and innocent. It just made me smile. And it made me smile even more that this little girl was able to encounter castles on her afternoon walk.

3 comments:

Peter Pan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peter Pan said...

First time here in ur blog & I like it !
added urs yo my blogroll!
good Luck!

Maria said...

That is so cute!!!!