Monday, October 5, 2009

Here's to being single again, at least for a bit!


I dropped my husband off at the airport today and won't see him for seven weeks. Yep, that's right, seven weeks. It sounds awful but it's child's play compared to the five months he was gone earlier this year. The twist is he comes home for three days only to leave again for three weeks. So, I'm trying to be a bit more positive and productive with my "single" life this time around.

And, the thing is part of me kind of doesn't mind. I mean there are some benefits: I get the whole bed to myself, I don't have to look before sitting on the toilet seat, I can read in bed with light on for as long as I want, I don't have to suffer through History channel military marathons....

Hey, I'm trying to be glass half full about this! What do you look forward to when you have time by yourself at home? Any ideas to keep me busy?

3 comments:

Angie said...

I know you'll miss your hubs, but kudos to you for tring to remain positive about it. My hubs works nights every 2 weeks and then days every 2 weeks. I love it when he's on nights cause like you said, I can get the whole bed to myself and do what I want without worrying about him. I'd just hang out with your girlfriends to keep you busy, that's what I usually do.

Maria said...

Good for you for looking at the positive side. Spend as much time with family and friends as you can.

Anonymous said...

I would have a girly movie marathon!